By the age of 65, most of the people are likely to develop partial baldness and this can give rise to certain emotional stress among many people. In today’s advanced world, there are several hair loss solutions and remedial measures; scalp micropigmentation is one of them which is considered by many people as a fruitful solution. In case of scalp micropigmentation, a small needle (75% smaller than a tattoo needle) is used to create tiny dots on the scalp in order to replicate the hair follicles and strand which shall appear to be natural. However, the process of scalp micropigmentation has got certain pros and cons as well. Let’s take look.
Pros of Scalp Micropigmentation
- SMP takes lesser time as compared to that of hair transplant. It is non invasive in nature which ensures that there no such side effects that may occur as a result of this micropigmentation process, apart from the fact that there will be redness very similar to that of a regular tattoo. The effect of scalp micropigmentation can be observed in hours which ensures that it does not take much time for the process to be successfully completed.
- It does not costs much which ensures affordability along with the assurance that the effect of micropigmentation shall last for several years. This particular feature makes many people opt for scalp micropigmentation. Added to that, the initial micropigmentation effect lasts for 10-15 years without the need of any further touchup within this time period.
- It has got certain additional advantages as well. At times the process of micropigmentation is chosen by many people for the purpose of disguising scars and thinning which are caused by alopecia making patches and scars visible. The process of micropigmentation helps to disguise and blend such scars and patches, quite effectively.
Cons of Scalp Micropigmentation
- Scalp Micropigmentation limits the option for sporting various hairstyles. This process provides only one single option, which is known as the “buzzard cut” or a “buzzed look”. So for those who might plan to get different hairstyle apart from this buzzed look, it will not be possible at all. This limitation often serves as a drawback for it
- One cannot expect to get the look and feel of real hair, while opting for micro pigmentation. This is yet another issue that concerns quite a lot of people. Scalp Micropigmentation is certainly not at all similar to that of a hair transplant. Micropigmentation cannot match up to the level of effect one receives after a hair transplant.
- Sun exposures and UV rays can create problem as this may affect the ink, giving rise to certain unwanted and undesirable result which can prove out to be quite annoying. So, it is always advisable to have a clear idea beforehand regarding the purpose of scalp micropigmentation and what exactly an individual wishes to see as result out of it.
The various pros and cons of micropigmentation shall definitely help you to determine the actual need and requirement you may wish to fulfill by opting for scalp micropigmentation. Consider reading such informative articles before jumping into conclusions.